Friday 31 January 2014

Ungiven

by: Sofia Quaglia


That bonfire stuck between my bones like in a cage
Combusting my guts, like melting plastic without a frame.
Then my heart freezing cold just because of the rage,
when not even that ever got to get in the game.




A perfect picture, since only in my head
the pencil would have ruined it, have erased it,
I’m pale like crumpled up paper, I’ve fallen off my bed,
I’m wasted, but I haven’t even been used yet.




I wonder if flowers will grow out of these injuries,
listening to those redundant bells on the pavement.
Empty, I actually wish we were real enemies.
Only loving my self for both of us: enslavement.




I’ve left myself but from you I cannot get away,

In vain wish that you will listen, or I will stop to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment