Friday 31 January 2014

Stormy day

by Pietro Barcellona

Today is a cold and stormy day like many days here in Torino. I love these days and this weather makes me feel at home. I like the winter weather much more that the summer weather, with the rain, the snow, the clouds and the greyness. I like dark colors like blue, grey, or black much more than red and yellow. I like some reds and yellows but not the very bright ones. I like the color of this desk very much. I don’t like how I am using “like” so much. I’ll change. Music is a big part of my life. I don’t know if I prefer visual or musical art. Certainly I am more talented at playing music than at drawing.

I can’t wait to go to the mountains and ski and go hiking with my dog. I would love to live in Switzerland. I wander what it would be like but I don’t think it would be boring like people say. Do I really like physics and math? Not as much as music for sure. I was never forced to play music but I was never forced to study physics either really. I am very fascinated by stars and the laws of physics. Explaining things with simple mathematical rules is just amazing. I wonder if one day we will be able to explain how the brain works using math. We are already pretty close as Santo explained. I wonder how the mister will imagine Santo. Basically quantum physics can be applied to masses using probability. Santo found a theorem to predict the income of movies and one to predict elections results. I wonder where he is now. He could be at Stanford or in Finland. I wouldn’t want to be like Santo. His life is too tough. I would like to mix Nando’s way of living and Santo’s, but I don’t think that’s possible. It will be Christmas soon. I’ll get my new pedals and I’ll have a lot of jamming with Olmo in Switzerland. Can’t wait for skiing. It will be a weird Christmas without my grandfather for the first time. He was the center of my father’s family. It’s like the main column of a temple collapsed and the temple barely managed not to collapse too. My father really loved him.





No comments:

Post a Comment