Friday 31 January 2014

And the clock ticks, tick, tick

by Agustina Molla 


Thinking, thinking and thinking about what I should write, but it seems like my imagination has come to an end like the exams. I'm so tired, I think I could fall asleep very easily. Everyone looks so concentrated and silent, and I can hear people drinking water and moving paper as they write their stories. So tired I couldn't even think, it's like the silence makes me even more tired. Looking at the clock makes it worse. It's like the time stopped. Looked again at the clock and finally one minute had passed. Can't think of anything...I'm blocked. The only thing in my mind is a picture of me on the couch skyping my friend and watching a movie...Looked at the clock again, 15 more minutes. In 15 minutes I could go outside, get in the car, get home and watch a movie... I just start daydreaming with my eyes wide open. Flashes of memories start coming to my mind. How happy was I when I went to Argentina, my friends, the pool, my family, the airport, and my friends again. I miss Argentina so much, I wish I could be there. It's summer there and it was so hot. Me in the pool with friends, I think I was the happiest person in the world, nothing mattered that day. It didn't matter if I had to come back to Italy. Everything that mattered was that I was there with my friends in the pool. That was it. Nike interrupts the flashes of memory telling me that in 3 minutes we would go home. How time works is something I'll never understand.



https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0LFP-bqF3zM/UuWJsoMZHzI/AAAAAAAAABQ/wZJ7u4Si8As/s1600/Eternal_clock.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment