Wednesday 5 February 2014

On the Edge

By: Jillian Jakubiec



My legs dangling off the edge
Sitting and looking around can do nothing or everything. 
As the busy world of Dublin circles around me,
I sit still. 

I wonder if a spontaneous city, makes you or breaks you. 
Seventeen years and I still don't know. 
Is the artistic mood in the air inspiring?
Or does it only remind you of how much talent exists. 
Then asking yourself what you have. 

But as I sit here on this bridge, all I can do is wonder. 
Wonder what the success of others does for you. 
I've seen it lift others up, but felt it drag me down. 
And as I sit here looking to jump,
My temptation just isn't strong enough. 

I've always hated making decisions,
You should never have to tie yourself down.
It's like holding on to a balloon, that's ready to fly away
But it slowly deflates, 
Not telling, but showing you you've held on too long. 

My notebook will smudge drop by drop
But I'll keep writing.
As my thoughts have no other place to go,
And even if they're no longer clear,
The meaning will always remain. 

Returning to the deep thoughts can tear through anything,
But the distraction will over power.
And when the sun drops, and the city slows down,
The moments of distraction are all you need to remember. 



  


No comments:

Post a Comment