Thursday 20 February 2014

Your Sestina


By Laura Campos

A- space
B-sunflowers
C- skin
D-stop
E- poem
F-door



A-you needed space
B-but we could be sunflowers
C-growing together, touching skin 
D-and never stop
E-like a co-written poem 
F-no exit doors

F-my open door 
A-the bed now has much more space
E-I’m back to writing poems
B-and drawing dead sunflowers 
D-I don’t think i’ll ever stop 
C-not until i can feel the touch of your skin

C-the open wound on my skin
F-and the open crack on the front door
D-I wish i could just stop
A-tell me how much you need space
B-you’re the sun, i’m the sunflower
E-following you like the verses of a poem

E-my poem
C-feels like the coldness of your skin
B-and the rotten dying sunflower
F-I’ll just leave the open door
A-waiting for you to regret your space
D-waiting for sadness to stop

D-“I can’t stop!”
E-tell me how to drop the pen, stop the poems
A-the constellations don’t guide me from space
C-my stars are the freckles on your skin
F-which fell and hit the door 
B-onto a field of sunflowers

B-oh, dear sunflower
D-make my tears stop
F-walk into the door
E-and get out of my poem
C-your skin against my skin
A-sharing the same space


No comments:

Post a Comment