Monday 5 May 2014

I could kill him

By Florien Van weerelt 

I could kill him. How could he do that to me? What the hell was he thinking? I mean, I know I’ve been busy lately and we haven’t had that much time to ourselves, but I never expected that he’d cheat on me. And he didn’t even try to cover it up, he told me as if it was totally normal..

“Listen, Hannah, this is just an innocent and casual thing. It’s not anything against you, but you know how much my boss hates me. I don’t know why, but he can’t stand me. And um anyways, one day his daughter came here to have lunch with him, but some big meeting came up and he couldn’t go anymore, so I kept her company. Well, we were just flirting a little, and the next thing I know we were back in my office with the blinds closed. And, Han, listen to me. I felt so bad about it, and I was going to tell you, but then I realized something. I realized that Sarah, that’s Mr. Jensen’s daughter, actually liked me. And I figured that if I made her happy that she would talk highly of me to her father, and then maybe I would get a raise or a promotion or something. I don’t really know what I was expecting, I just wanted him to treat me better.”

“That’s complete and utter-“

“No it’s not Hannah. Remember that raise I got last week? Well, it’s really helped us financially. We’re finally able to send the kids to Brearley, one of New York’s most prestigious schools. I know that’s what you’ve always wanted, and I’m just trying to provide our kids with the most opportunities possible later in life.”

“Are you serious? Are you really telling me this right now? For God’s sake! You’re telling me that you’re having an affair with your boss’ daughter for our kids. Do you not realize what this will do to them? Growing up with only one parent is going to be tough for them and they’re always going to feel like they’re missing out on something. How could you jeopardize all of our lives like this?”

“It’s not my fault. God, get over it. What is it with you women? MOVE. ON. You let your emotions control every little thing. Seriously, it’s not that big of a deal, you’re just making it so much worse than it actually is. If only there could be a world without women like you…”

“What is wrong with you, Will? Try to honestly answer me. There’s nothing wrong with me, or women for that matter, you’re just a misogynistic pig.”

Trying to hold back the tears, I rushed out of his office with my head down, and I bumped into the one and only than Sarah. Not acknowledging her, I pushed her to the side and pressed the elevator button. What am I supposed to now? I can’t afford to live in New York city with the kids as a single parent. Where do I go now? I have to go somewhere, but I don’t deserve to have to leave. Will should leave. Maybe if I jeopardize his job he’ll be fired…Hmm, I’ll do that. I’m sure I have some embarrassing pictures and stories of him, many of which were related to illegal matters…Thank God for social media. It’s going to be so easy for me to post about him. I’ll start a blog, that way I can post stories, pictures, videos and whatever I want about himAnd not only about him, but also about that tramp who he’s been cheating on with me.

But of course I need to make sure that I hurt Will the most at the end of all this. So I’ll target that whore first and Ill target Will after that.

When I finally got home, I was a woman with a plan. First of all, I sent Will a text saying that I was sorry and that I had overreacted. I told him that I just needed some time to myself and asked him if I could have the apartment to myself tonight. He replied that it was okay and that he was glad that I had come to my senses. Walking towards my desk, I sat down and got ready for the next stage of my plan, turning on the computer.

The computer hummed to life and a blank screen popped up. After setting up an anonymous account on a blog site, the stories began.

POST 1: “Truth is that Sarah Jensen has been getting naughty with her daddy’s employees. Last I heard she has been having an affair with a married man - and not only that but, he has two young children as well. Talk about a home wrecker. The affair has been going on for months and while it seemed like she was only going to the office to visit her dad, she was actually going to sleep with another dad. To all of you out there: STEER CLEAR OF SARAH SLUT JENSEN AND THE WHOLE JENSEN FAMILY.”

> SENT. POST SUCCESSFUL.

The amount of satisfaction that posting that first story brought me was indescribable. I quickly posted some images taken off of Sarah’s facebook page on the blog as well, and my work was done for the day. I spent the evening scoping out some good and embarrassing pictures of Will and writing down all the embarrassing and career-threatening stories I could think of.

The next morning, I opened up my computer and nearly fainted when I saw the headlines on the news.

“CEO OF NEW YORK TIMES FIRED AFTER SCANDALOUS DAUGHTER GETS BUSY WITH EMPLOYEES”

Intrigued of course, I clicked on it and my jaw dropped when I saw it: “Mark Jensen was fired last night after various scandalous stories involving his daughter were put up on an anonymous blog site. These stories were confirmed and are being further investigated. Apparently, Mark’s daughter, Sarah, has been causing quite a ruckus at the office and despite having affairs with employees, she has even had quite an influence in the decision making and legal matters of the company. Her father has been aware of what she has been doing this whole time and has refused to act. This is extremely unprofessional and last night, the board voted to have Mark Jensen removed from the company.”

I had done that. Oh my god. I couldn’t believe it! Besides causing problems for Sarah, I had gotten her father fired from his job! Logging on to my blog, I was astonished. More than 1 million views in one day! I knew it was time to post stories about Will and reveal that he has been having an affair with Sarah.

POST 5: “William Lantson has been revealed to be the employee that Sarah Jensen was having an affair with. Will has two children himself, but he didn’t let that stop him from sleeping with his boss’ daughter. But hey, I guess some people will do whatever it takes to get a promotion.”

Pleased with myself, I decided to treat myself to a lunch out with some friends. Within fifteen minutes I was seated at Panera Bread with Nicole and Julia, my two closest friends in the city.

“Wait, so that was you? That blog is yours?” They exclaimed when I told them about the blog.

“Yeah, it was me. Can you believe that I did something like that?”

“No, I mean, wow. Wait, so Will cheated on you?”



No comments:

Post a Comment